MORE ON THE UN AND YOUR GUNS 7/18/12
S2205—- July 2, 2012“dignitaries” from all over the world convened at United Nations Headquarters in New York for a month-long strategy session.
Their mission? Hammer out and then adopt the Socialist Dream: a global gun control treaty that would place the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution on the dusty back shelf when it comes to your gun rights.
That this “International Arms Trade Treaty” is only about military weaponry in foreign lands having nothing to do with your personal, U.S. civilian collection, consider that a number of U.S. Representatives recently sent a letter to Secretary of State Hilary Clinton and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice.
They cited advancing “human rights” as a goal that required the United States to “take a leadership role in pushing for a strong, verifiable Arms Trade Treaty.” In their minds, such a treaty should include “controls on a comprehensive list of weaponry, including small arms and light weapons,” as well as controls on ammunition.
Please bear in mind that “small arms,” in the UN definition, includes weapons capable of being carried and fired by one person… every rifle you own.
As usual, the UN is being secretive about their ultimate goal of total civilian disarmament. But just the parts they’ve been open about are horrifying. They want AT A MINIMUM to see:
• Establishment of a new UN agency, the Implementation Support Unit, with power to regulate anything having to do with guns that might be sold internationally;
• A requirement that every country submit its gun control plan to the ISU;
• A requirement for every country to implement internal tracking of all gun sales within its borders (outright registration!); and,
• A ridiculously expensive requirement for every single of round of ammunition to be stamped with a unique serial number.
To prohibit funding to negotiate a United Nations Arms Trade Treaty that restricts the Second Amendment rights of United States citizens.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton announced the United States support and participation in negotiating the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, to be finalized in 2012, signaling a shift in United States policy.
(2) An Arms Trade Treaty that regulates the domestic manufacturer, possession, or purchase of civilian firearms and ammunition would infringe on the rights of United States citizens protected under the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
(b) Sense of Congress- It is the sense of Congress that the sovereignty of the United States and the constitutionally protected freedoms of American gun owners must be upheld and not be undermined by the Arms Trade Treaty.
No funds may be obligated or expended to use the voice, vote, and influence of the United States, in connection with negotiations for a United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, to restrict in any way the rights of United States citizens under the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, or to otherwise regulate domestic manufacture, assembly, possession, use, transfer, or purchase of firearms, ammunition, or related items, including small arms, light weapons, or related materials. Congress HAS to support S. 2205 in order to thwart President Obama, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, and the gun-grabbers at the UN.
“This [treaty] will strengthen the hand of a government that wants to regulate private ownership of firearms.”