It should come as no surprise that President Obama will raise taxes if he is re-elected. But here’s the shocker: He will invite the United Nations to tax Americans directly. And the proceeds would go directly to the Third World. There is now pending in the U.N. all kinds of plans to tax Americans and redistribute their wealth – not to other Americans – but to other countries. These taxes will not be like our U.N. dues paid by a vote of our Congress.
They would be mandatory levies imposed by treaty on American citizens. And, since they would be enumerated in a Treaty – not an act of Congress — only the president and the Democratic Senate need be on board. The Republican House has no role in the Treaty-making process.
· Every time you buy or sell a stock or a bond or exchange money while travelling, you’d be hit with a financial transactions tax (a percentage of your transaction) that would go to the UN.
· A global tobacco tax with the funds to flow to the World Health Organization (WHO).
· A UN-imposed tax on billionaires all over the world, 1600 current billionaires who will be hit. Once the precedent of a UN tax on US citizens is approved, it will gradually grow downwards to cover more and more Americans. Again the funds will go to the UN.
· Under the Law of the Sea Treaty – up for Senate ratification in December of the lame duck session – offshore oil and gas wells would have to pay a proportion of their revenues to the International Seabed Authority, a UN-sponsored organization, which would distribute the loot to the third world.
· A carbon tax on all U.S. or other foreign commercial or passenger aircraft flying to Europe
· A mandatory assessment to be imposed on the U.S. to compensate third world nations for the costs of reducing their carbon output.
But don’t think that this flow of wealth will reduce poverty. Foreign aid doesn’t work. That it really just puts a pot of money on the table in third world countries that automatically goes to whoever controls the presidential palace.