GLENN BECK ON THE BOSTON BOMBINGS–A LITTLE LONG BUT BECK GIVES OUT MORE INFO THAN YOUR HEARING: 4/28/13
So of this you have probably already heard about, but there are some interesting views and comments made on what is not being made public.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was charged by federal prosecutors in his hospital room Monday with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction. A decision by the Obama administration to prosecute him in the federal court system instead of trying him as an enemy combatant in front of a military tribunal. Tsarnaev is a naturalized U.S. citizen, and under U.S. law, American citizens cannot be tried by military tribunals, White House spokesman Jay Carney said.
The Saudi national who was initially a “person of interest” in the Boston bombings was placed on a “no-fly list,” or a terror watch list, after he was detained and before federal authorities determined whether he was involved in the attack or just a mere witness, an official with the Department of Homeland Security told TheBlaze.Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, who is in the U.S. on a student visa, was placed on the “no-fly” list as a precaution after federal officials identified him as a person of interest, the DHS official told TheBlaze. Links Alharbi to terrorist activity by flagging him under section 212, 3B and calls for his deportation. Alharbi is currently considered innocent and not connected to the Boston bombings or the two suspects identified by the FBI, according to the DHS official. Several questions, however, remain unanswered. For example, why was Alharbi flagged under section 212, 3B if officials determined he played no role in the Boston bombings? What evidence were federal officials in possession of that caused the terrorist label? Is there something else in Alharbi’s file? The burden of proof required to file a 3B is significant, according to sources familiar with law enforcement protocols. We have information on who this man is. … We know he is a very bad, bad, bad man.” Beck claimed to have information leaked to him by “patriots” in several offices and agencies, confirming the government knows more about Alharbi that has been reported and is, contrary to media reports, to be deported for “national security” reasons. This was the Saudi national in the hospital. His apartment was in Revere, Mass. It was raided. The items were removed. And then we were told he was just a possible witness. The authorities he had nothing to do with the attack, in fact, he wasn’t a witness to the crime. … Yet the documents say he’s being deported voluntarily on terror charges linked to the Boston bombing.” Beck insisted his information came from “several – I can’t count them on both hands – several sources, who are brave, valiant, patriotic Americans that work in all departments at all levels of this administration, who have contacted The Blaze one way or another and said, ‘Help, help, help.’ There are several dedicated Americans in the law enforcement community [who] decided they could not stand idly by and let the truth be swept under the rug.”
Yet WND reported that Steve Emerson of the Investigative Project on Terrorism told Fox News host Sean Hannity that Alharbi was the original “person of interest” in connection with the bombing and is going to be deported. Reuters further reported President Obama met with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal last week, noting “the meeting was not on Obama’s public schedule.” After that meeting was mentioned, Emerson told Hannity, “That’s very interesting because this is the way things are done with Saudi Arabia. You don’t arrest their citizens. You deport them, because they don’t want them to be embarrassed, and that’s the way we appease them.” First Lady Michelle Obama visited Alharbi while in the hospital.
WND, in fact— has been at the forefront of reporting news on the bombing’s connection to Arab nations, including stories on the following:
· Reported arrests of jihadis in Pakistan and Afghanistan in connection to the Boston bombing
· Possible connections between Alharbi and a Saudi Al-Qaida clan
· Warnings even before the bombings that Iran was working with Al-Qaida explosives operatives within the U.S.
Sources inside Iranian intelligence services claiming the Islamic regime had links to the Boston bombings.
We received another call from yet another patriotic citizen in our government, this one from a high-ranking congressional aide who told us that the deportation order that we had just reported on had just been requested and delivered to his boss,” He requested anonymity to protect those who had secretly provided the report, but proceeded to read to us the eight-page document, which confirmed every single detail we reported.”
During a congressional hearing on Thursday, a fiery Homeland Security Janet Napolitano said she was “unaware of anyone who is being deported for national security concerns at all related to Boston.” She explained that Alharbi wasn’t actually a suspect or a person of interest in the case.
When asked by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.) during the hearing specifically why there were plans made to deport someone who was allegedly at the scene of the bombings, Napolitano refused to answer because the question is “just not worthy of an answer.”
Officials with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) on Thursday denied there was a deportation order for Alharbi, saying that is “categorically false.” The same ICE official then revealed that there was a second Saudi national in custody but said that individual was not linked to the Boston bombing.
ENTER GLENN BECK AND HIS BACKGROUND POINTS ON THE CASE: OR BULLET POINTS—SUMMARY:
· Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions
on the subject when confronted by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill.
· * A congressional source, however, says that the file on Alharbi was
created, that he was “linked” in some way to the Boston bombings (though
it is unclear how), and that documents showing all this have been sent to
* Key congressmen of the Committee on Homeland Security request a
classified briefing with Napolitano
Sources close to the investigation also told him the Saudi is still set
* New information provided to TheBlaze reveals Alharbi’s file was altered
early Wednesday evening to disassociate him from the initial charges
* Sources say the Saudi’s student visa specifically allows him to go to
school in Findlay, Ohio, though he appears to have an apartment in Boston,
* Sources tell us this will most likely now be kicked from the DHS to the
DOJ and labeled an ongoing investigation that can no longer be discussed.
· TheBlaze’s Chief Content Officer Joel Cheatwood reached out to numerous
other networks in an effort to get the story out. Homeland Security
Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to acknowledge the story even existed
when questioned by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) last Friday.
· But now a number of congressional sources have confirmed that the story is
as TheBlaze reported last week, and Beck is presenting more pieces of the
· We crossed an “extraordinarily disturbing threshold” last week, Beck said,
but we know “exactly who we’re dealing with now.”
After a discussion of how Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who is currently under guard
in the hospital, wasn’t read his Miranda rights, Beck proceeded to lay out
a number of key points on the case.
Beck proceeded to highlight the background of the Saudi national first
identified as a “person of interest” in the Boston bombings, Abdul Rahman
Ali Alharbi, noting that the the NTC issued an event file calling for his
deportation using section 212, 3B which is proven terrorist activity.
“We are not sure who actually tagged him as a ’212 3B,’ but we know it is
very difficult to charge someone with this — it has to be almost certain,”
Beck explained. “It is the equivalent in civil society of charging
someone with premeditated murder and seeking the death penalty — it is not
thrown around lightly.”
Beck continued, noting that after Secretary of State John Kerry met with
Saudi Foreign Minister Saud on Tuesday, the FBI began backtracking on the
Saudi national from suspect, to person of interest, to witness, to victim,
Then, on Wednesday, President Obama had a “chance” encounter with Saudi
Foreign Minister Saud and Saudi Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir.
“Wednesday at 5:35 p.m. the file is altered,” Beck said. “This is unheard
of, this is impossible in the timeline due to the severity of the
charge….You don’t one day put a 212 3B charge against somebody with
deportation, and then the next day take it off. It would require too much
to do it.”
“There are only two people that could revoke the deportation order — the
director of the NTC could do it after speaking with each department, the
FBI, the ATC, etc. — which is impossible to do in such a short period of
time, — or, somebody at the very highest levels of the State Department
could do it. We don’t have any evidence to tell you which one did it,”
If, as an ICE official said last week, there is actually a second Saudi
in custody, who is it? Beck asked. “Why were there were no names, no
pictures presented? The fact is, an event was created for one Abdul
Rahman Ali Al-Harbi indicating he was to be deported for terrorism
activity related to the Boston bombing. If this file was created with
another Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi in mind, don’t you think we should know
Beck continued with more exclusive information:
· The Saudi’s student visa specifically allows him to go to school in
Findley, Ohio. He has been in this country six months. He has an
apartment in Boston, Massachusetts.
If this is a case of mistaken identity, then who is the person named in
the file, with the same name, with the 3B charge? And If DHS was working
with the person as a source to out the bombers, then why was there a 3B
Charge? This will be the reason Napalitano won’t answer the Homeland Security
Committee’s request for a briefing. Like Benghazi they have heavy into a
disinformation campaign floating a variety of scenarios to confuse the
media — but that apparently doesn’t take much — to prevent the story from
being pursued… They are also working very hard to discredit those on the
It is still unclear why the government is stonewalling the media on
information as to why the file initially labeled Alharbi as a threat, only
to change that designation later in the week. Beck said, noting that the questionable
relationship between Saudi Arabia and the United States goes back further
than the current administration.
“On January 14, 2013 President Obama met with Saudi Minister of Interior,”
Beck remarked. “Two days later Janet Napolitano signed agreement with
Saudi minister allowing ‘trusted traveler’ status on Saudi student
visitors, meaning greatly reduced security checks and scrutiny.”
“This is trusted traveler status that we don’t give to some of our most
trusted allies, and we gave it to Saudi Arabia last January?” Beck said.
“So they can just walk into our country no questions asked?”
“There is a pattern,” he said. “There is a relationship between the U.S.
and Saudi Arabia the American public doesn’t know about. The case of Abdul
Rahman Ali Al-Harbi is only the latest example.”
SOURCES—THE BLAZE, GLENN BECK, WND, ERICA RITZ, DREW ZAHN, JASON HOWERTON, WASHINGTON GURARDIAN, DENISE LAVOIE, STEVE PEOPLES