WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH 400 SURFACE TO AIR MISSILES

8/17/13
A lawyer representing one of the whistleblowers with knowledge of the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi last September says 400 surface-to-air missiles were “diverted to Libya” during the attack and fell into “the hands of some very ugly people.”
Joe diGenova said he “does not know whether [the missiles] were at the annex, but it is clear the annex was somehow involved in the distribution of those missiles,”
Saying his information “comes from a former intelligence official who stayed in constant contact with people in the special ops and intelligence community,” diGenova said the U.S. intelligence community is terrified the missiles might be used to shoot down airliners — and that fear, in part, fueled the closing of embassies in the Middle East last week. “They were afraid that there was going to be a missile attack on one of the embassies,”
“That’s what this was all about,” diGenova insisted. “That’s why they’re so worried. That’s why they have lied repeatedly about what happened in Benghazi, because they are now responsible for all of the stepchildren of violence that happens as a result of this. This is a very serious matter.” “A lot of people have come forward to share information with us,”

“We have learned that one of the reasons the administration is so deeply concerned” is that “there were 400 surface-to-air missiles stolen, and that they are … in the hands of many people, and that the biggest fear in the U.S. intelligence community is that one of these missiles will be used to shoot down an airliner,” diGenova said, adding that his sources have told him the missiles are in the hands of al-Qaida operatives. Right now are 400 missiles which have been diverted in Libya and have gotten in the hands of some very ugly people,”
Now, diGenova and Toensing, a former chief counsel for the Senate Intelligence Committee, represent Gregory Hicks, the deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya at the time of the Benghazi attacks; and Mark Thompson, a former Marine who serves as deputy coordinator for operations in the State Department’s counterterrorism section, the Mail reported.
The lawyers say Hicks’ and Thompson’s superiors subjected them to an intimidation campaign after then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s Accountability Review Board ignored their accounts of the Benghazi attack.
One of the two men was warned about the impact on his career if he cooperated with Republican investigators in Congress. “It’s frightening, and they’re doing some very despicable threats to people,” Toensing said, the Mail reported.
But they’re taking career people and making them well aware that their careers will be over.” President Obama has said he is unaware of any witnesses from Benghazi who have been prohibited from working with Congress. In a May 30 letter, CIA Director John Brennan told personnel stationed in Benghazi that they were free to speak with Congress, but that they should involve their chain of command and follow specific procedures, the Mail reported, adding the measure was seen by some as a subtle warning that CIA agents must not approach lawmakers on their own.

Sources—cathy burke, breitbart.com, the daily mail, newsmax

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s